1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer went bang - have lose receipt

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Sandman, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    My wharfedale subwoofer just made a disturbing niose and now it has no power getting to it. I have checked the fuse and this isnt the problem. I bought it last december so it should be under warranty. The problem is I seem to have lost the receipt. I bought it from sound and vision. Will they take it back for repair even though i dont have the receipt?
    The annoying thig is when looking for the receipt I have found the receipts for every other peice of my set up.

2. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Knowing Sound and Vision, it may not be straight-forward, they are hardly renowned for their customer/aftersales service (unfortunately)

Steven

3. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear that Sandman.

Depending on how there POS system works they may be able to locate an invoice for a particular item by searching for your personal details and then looking through the individual transactions logged under your details.

I know this works with Richersounds since I lost a receipt and wished to swap a try-out product I'd paid for. But whether S&V have the same sort of system is another matter.

Hope you get some joy anyway.

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Sale of goods act does not demand a receipt as proof of purchase - your word should be good enough. Any reputable trader will investigate your problem without a receipt and in this modern day and age they've got all of your details on computer anyway - give them a call, I'm sure they will sort it.