1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer to complete Home cinema

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by lunker, May 20, 2002.

1. lunker

lunker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post so Hello!
    I've been considering a new sub to complete my Home Cinema. I've been considering either YAMAHA YST-SW105 SUBWOOFER or SONY SA-WM20B SUBWOOFER I've found numerous reviews but none of them conclusive. I want to spend about £100-£150 so can anyone recommend either of these or alternate for around the same price range.:confused: I don't need it to go that loud but I would like it quite deep.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Unfortunately, loud is cheap to manufacture but depth and precision are not. Have a look at the Paradigm range that Richer Sounds sell

3. lunker

lunker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They don't have any Paradigm subs on the RS web site they do have a couple in the magazine I like the look of the £119 one. How much better is this going to be than the 2 subs I suggested and in what ways?

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Or you could stretch a bit and go buy the rel storm on www.hififorsale.com at £250......second hand

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The Paradigms have more precision than the Yamaha range but I'm afraid that I haven't heard (or heard of) the Sony.

By far the best bet is the second hand REL Storm that buns pointed out which is a class apart.

6. lunker

lunker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried both of my local RS both didn't have the Paradigm but suggested the Mordaunt-Short MSW20 at the reduced £130. How does this one compare with the Paradigm?
    £250 is a bit out of my price range.