Subwoofer sucking air ???

Fjorko

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if it is normal for my active subwoofer (Mission M5as) to suck air instead of pushing air through the bass port.

I have switched the phase both ways, but it still tends to suck the air in, instead of pushing the air out - which i assume it should do ??????

Any ideas ?

Thanks

P

We have a funny one here!!!!!:boring: :boring: :boring: NOT !

Anyone else with a better answer than this ?

Originally posted by Fjorko
Can anyone confirm if it is normal for my active subwoofer (Mission M5as) to suck air instead of pushing air through the bass port.

I'm sure it's doing both and yes, it is normal. Perhaps the "sucking" is more noticeable when you put your hand near the port because of the Venturi principle.

Try the boiled egg test anyway, just to be sure. :D

MuFu.

Thanks !

It became a chicken !:rotfl: :rotfl:

Hehe... reminds of when this dude said he could "hear voices coming out of his subwoofer port". Of course it was a bass management issue, but it was only after about 4 pages of smart-assed remarks regarding his mental condition that the thread actually moved on-topic. :D

MuFu.

Now I've got preminitions of the question ... "I've been testing if my sub's port is sucking or blowing using an egg (was using the KEF the right Egg to use) as advised on the forum recently ... but now how do I extract the egg which has rolled inside my subwoofers cabinet."

Vikki

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom