1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer setup (timing and distance)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by LITTLEBRITAIN, Feb 5, 2005.

1. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey all im trying to set the distance on my amp for the subwoofer. does anyone know how this is best done?
    im guessing using some sort of pulse tones being played through the left front speaker and sub at same time and ajust acordingly so they line up??
    i may be totaly wrong btw :laugh:
    any advice would be apriciated.

btw i do have a dve disc and spl, the system on a whole is sounding pretty damn good but im a tweeky kind!haha

cheers :smashin:

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I think you just have to measure how far the subwoofer is from your listening position.:)

3. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You set it up the same as the other speakers. Measure the distance and then spend endless hours tweaking your system. ;)

Fish

4. oracleband

oracleband

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because the frequencies coming from your sub are so large(around 60 a second as opposed to as high has you can hear which is about 19000 a second) unless you room is massive it dont matter also bass frequencies dont bounce off anything unlike higher frequencies so it also doesnt matter were you put it you wont notice if you put it behind you or in the left corner as long as you dont cover the port.