• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Subwoofer setup (timing and distance)

hey all im trying to set the distance on my amp for the subwoofer. does anyone know how this is best done?
im guessing using some sort of pulse tones being played through the left front speaker and sub at same time and ajust acordingly so they line up??
i may be totaly wrong btw :laugh:
any advice would be apriciated.

btw i do have a dve disc and spl, the system on a whole is sounding pretty damn good but im a tweeky kind!haha

cheers :smashin:

Wannabe-THX

Standard Member
You set it up the same as the other speakers. Measure the distance and then spend endless hours tweaking your system. ;)

Fish

O

oracleband

Because the frequencies coming from your sub are so large(around 60 a second as opposed to as high has you can hear which is about 19000 a second) unless you room is massive it dont matter also bass frequencies dont bounce off anything unlike higher frequencies so it also doesnt matter were you put it you wont notice if you put it behind you or in the left corner as long as you dont cover the port.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom