Question Subwoofer set up

WESTERLY

Standard Member
Hi
Have denon2500 amp and monitor audio mass speakers 5.1. Not the new ones. Setting up with audessy was simple enough but on test tone there is nothing from the sub. Appears to be working, but have I done something incorrectly. Using LFE on sub, phase set to zero, vol on sub 12 position and crossover at zero as I understand this is taken over by amp when on LFT.
I also noted the automatic set up set the sub to -6db, I’ve since upped this setting to around 2-3db. What should I tinker with on the amp or sub to improve bass if required.
Thanks
John

D

Deleted member 39241

Crossover on the sub should be on the maximum setting, not the minimum.

gibbsy

The crossover on the sub should be set at it's maximum. That's your problem.

WESTERLY

Standard Member
Thanks my first mistake, couldnt find any info on this in denon or monitor audio manuals so assumed zero. Will try again with the crossover at max.
Thanks again
J

gibbsy

You originally had the sub's volume at 12 o'clock, turn it down slightly, under -6dB is fine. When Audyssey has done it's thing go to the manual set up and change all the speaker sizes to small. LPF for LFE to 120hz (that should be the default). Do not set the crossover to below what Audyssey has detected. If below 80hz then set the front three to 80hz.

WESTERLY

Standard Member
Thanks for all the advice.....will run Audyssey again.....once the wife is not around, she’s fed up with me tinkering with it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom