1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer Reverb

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by r.vernon1, Mar 5, 2005.

1. r.vernon1

r.vernon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hi,

My Subwoofer on Sony HTR 6100 makes a horris reverb sound on certain bassey noises. It doesn't do it on all sounds that include bass. Turning the base down on the sub helps but you loose bass obviously. Themain type of bass it happens on is the T-Rex scene on the R1 DTS Jurrassic Park. Is it faulty or it is normal for this to happen. The sub isn't a downward facing one and isn't touching any thing but the floor. I have tried moving it and my old one was fine there.

Any ideas?

Rob

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Is there anywhere a piece of paper could have got trapped in it? The same thing happened to me at Christmas and I found some cellophane had got trapped between the base of the unit and the foot.

3. r.vernon1

r.vernon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    No matey, I have check already. There is nothign trapped anywhere that I can see and it only has tiny hole at the back so I doubt anything big enough to make noise got in there.

Rob

4. Karl B

Karl B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a HTR 6100. The supplied 1m long sub woofer cable works fine. However, I wanted to move the subwoofer so bought a relatively expensive 3m long cable and experienced a deep hum. I then tried an alternative cable with the same problem. Reverting back to the supplied cable and the problem disappears. This sounds similar to what you are experiencing. I do not have an answer to the problem yet but will let you know when I do.
    KB

5. r.vernon1

r.vernon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I wonder if I took it into the Sony Center they would test it for me? I don't trust the muppets at Comet. I am certain it is faulty.

Rob