Subwoofer recommendation?

Is there a double box symbol next to or near the power connector?

Something like this:
This is the socket area of the sub. Also confusingly i can't see a fuse under the power pins, the online documentation states there is a fuse and a 3 pin power socket.

958017FD-00B5-4FF8-A166-86A799982EA6.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought it from Monoprice direct.

Mine were from them directly and only came with an EU plug.

But I'm also pretty sure they had 3 pins, as I remember thinking "that's interesting" as it surprises me how many AVRs and power amps don't have it.

I'll check when I can.

Where those two gaps are, that's a slide out tray with a fuse in.
Thank you, I was confused as normally there is a fuse symbol on the casing.

Mine were from them directly and only came with an EU plug.

But I'm also pretty sure they had 3 pins, as I remember thinking "that's interesting" as it surprises me how many AVRs and power amps don't have it.

I'll check when I can.
I have seen photos where there are 3 pin sockets and 2 pin sockets, I wonder if the different models are where the differences are.

It's arrived! Excited to see how it sounds. Quick question, there's two options on the back for the wire LFE or Line. What's the difference?

Also any help on settings welcome

Attachments

• PXL_20220120_181933596.jpg
    PXL_20220120_181933596.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Crossover toggle switch to THX if your avr is doing the bass management.

My mind is actually blown at how big a difference it has made. Sat here listening to music with a big grin on my face. Can't wait to watch a movie.

Glad you are impressed Jonny we KNEW you would be😁 The movies will be even better than the music, a suggestion make sure you are wearing two pairs of pant's and brown trousers just to be sure :D

Where did you place it in the end, put a pic up so we can see please.

Glad you are impressed Jonny we KNEW you would be😁 The movies will be even better than the music, a suggestion make sure you are wearing two pairs of pant's and brown trousers just to be sure :D

Where did you place it in the end, put a pic up so we can see please.
Going to sort the placement out at the weekend. Will reduce size of media unit and place in corner. For now it's just plonked down!

Evening subwoofer experts! I've the Monolith sub on auto on/off but for some reason it doesn't power on every time. Any ideas why this could be happening? I've an Onkyo 608 receiver which is pretty old so wondered if that's the problem.

Am I okay to leave it powered on? Or is it really best to turn it on / off each time I use it.

It will only power on if the volume is set high enough to trigger it.

It sences the audio volume it is being sent to know to turn in or not.

Is your volume up high enough?

It will only power on if the volume is set high enough to trigger it.

It sences the audio volume it is being sent to know to turn in or not.

Is your volume up high enough?
I think so. Maybe not when the system switches on though as it boots to the home screen with no sound.

It will take a few seconds to kick in even if the volume is up depending on if any bass notes present.

Try it with something like Netflix. The basic intro to the app where the Netflix sign appears carries enough LFE to nudge my subs from their auto off to on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom