• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Subwoofer recommendation wanted

garydunlop

Novice Member
Hello all, just had to resign up as lost my old account

My system has changed anyhow, and I'm looking to add a sub to the current speaker set up

I've got a Yamaha rx671 7.1 amp

Tannoy Mercury f4 custom floor standers
Tannoy Mercury f1 rears and centre speaker

Room size is 12 ft x 22ft with wooden flooring

I need to add a sub, budget is sub £200

I've seen the Roth kh30 for £150, and the wharf dale 150 for the same price, any other recommendations

Blu4KHD

I know it maybe going just slightly over your budget but the BK Gemini MK2 is hard to beat at the price and will certainly sound better

garydunlop

Novice Member
Hello all, just had to resign up as lost my old account

My system has changed anyhow, and I'm looking to add a sub to the current speaker set up

I've got a Yamaha rx671 7.1 amp

Tannoy Mercury f4 custom floor standers
Tannoy Mercury f1 rears and centre speaker

Room size is 12 ft x 22ft with wooden flooring

I need to add a sub, budget is sub £200

I've seen the Roth kh30 for £150, and the wharf dale 150 for the same price, any other recommendations

garydunlop

Novice Member
I've seen a new monitor audio bronze bxw10 for offer for £200 how would that compare to say a new Gemini or used bk xxl400, Gemini coming in around 230 delivered a used xxl400 maybe 300 if I can find a used one. The xxl400 is above budget really, but interested in opinion on these above

Blu4KHD

I could not really offer an opinion on the MA Sub as i have never owned one, I have owned others including a BK XLS200 some 7 years ago and it is not until recently that i returned to the BK Range as i was currently looking at an upgrade Speaker/Sub package.

Look on the BK owners thread for any more feedback and probably as you can see from the lack of Classifieds for the BK's on just how good they are, As owners only sell if upgrading to another BK

Good Luck with the search

garydunlop

Novice Member
Seems to be an increase on budget on the cards, options now being a rel 5, bk xxxl400 or the monitor audio bxw10

Anyone help with suggestions or info on those 3, will mostly be for movies and to, with some music

Violator

If you can stretch now to the BK 400 I'd go with that.

Cribbster

And how is it? Are you happy with it? Only asking as that might be on my list of options given that my preferred choice of the XXLS 400 is too big and I may also even be struggling to fit in the XL 200 into the space I have available. From recent research I believe the T5 is smaller than the XL 200 and so it may be one of my options to consider.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom