Subwoofer reccommendations please

grantmc3

Hi,

I have just bought an Arcam AVR400 and am really impressed with the sound out my Tannoy Eyris 2 floorstanders. However, my sub is now being shown up and it needs to go.......here is my list of criteria and all help would be greatly appreciated

Budget is < £500
I watch a lot of films but would prefer a sub which has a music bias if I need to make a choice
This has to be either white or black but the finish, if wood, should not have a grain

Thanks

Grant

grantmc3

The 2 that I have looked at so far as the Rel5 and the BK xxls400.....any views on these or others ?

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
The 2 that I have looked at so far as the Rel5 and the BK xxls400.....any views on these or others ?
I reckon this will need to be moved to the Sub Woofer thread however............

Having said that, BK XXLS 400 or Monolith is the way forward, take a read of all the threads on both, first class subs and excellent value for money

pws

Having had both the monolith and the xxls400 i would say with your bias for music the xxls400 would be better.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would second the xls400 or monolith. From what I have read on here the Monolith is very musical as well.

alpha10

You will get many votes xxls400 around here, great value for money..

Cheers

grantmc3

Thanks for all replies......any other options

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
SVS SB12-NSD - slightly over budget at £549 but a worthy comparator to the BK - at least you can hear one too!

l34052

I use my monolith for music aswell as films and its more than up to the job musically, its tight and fast and integrates absolutely flawlessly with my main speakers.

I havent heard a 400 but im strugglin to see how it could be any better than the mono atleast based on my experience.