1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer Pop when Fridge fires up

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Stewart C, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My subwoofer lives in my living room. The fridge freezer is in the kitchen which is adjacent to the living room. In fact the fridge freezer sits directly behind where my subwoofer sits. There is a solid wall between the two.

When the fridge freezer fires up its motor my subwoofer pops.

What measures would you recommend that I use to isolate this interference?

Note: I can neither move the fridge freezer (modern house tiny kitchen) nor could I find a second suitable location for my subwoofer.

Thanks

2. timothyw

timothyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'd try running a long power lead from somewhere else fairly distant in the house (although even the other side of the room may be sufficient) for the sub, in the hope that it will be on a different mains ring. If this doesn't work, you could try a surge/spike protector. If neither of these work, its possible that the pop is actually being generated by your amp, in which case try the measures suggested on that. I'm no expert but is is almost certain that the interference is being transferred through the mains.

3. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try a russ andrews silencer-just plugs in next to sub or fridge, money back if it doesn't cure it.