Subwoofer placement help.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by PEPPY52, Mar 5, 2013.

1. PEPPY52

PEPPY52

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    :hiya: I have a Supernova MKV 10" subwoofer and id like to get some opinions on where to place it. It has a passive radiator and from what ive read on its manual and on the manual of the Sunfire TSEQ12, these subs benefit from corner loading. Id like to know if it would be good to place it on the front right corner where the sliding glass door starts, about 3 feet down from the wall. The sliding glass door is covered by a curtain. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,438
    You could try it there to see if it has any effect. Do you feel your sub is lacking in something? Is it not loud enough or do you feel you are missing out on some low end stuff? What are you trying to fix with the move? That siad it costs nothing but a little time to move it to various locations and then pick the location that sounds best to you.
    My sub (Rel T1) also has a front radiator and I have moved it around the room a little due to rearranging things and can say I have not heard much (if any) difference in sound when it was near the corner or where you currently have it in your system.

3. PEPPY52

PEPPY52

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the reply :) The thing is, the bed used to be on the other side of the room, next to the glass door. The subwoofer was on the left wall, it would be right in front of where the end of the bed is now. Bass was very good but I wanted to avoid the risk of someone walking into the driver n_n . My passive radiator was ripping so i had to order a new one from Earthquake, wich is supposed to arrive this week. The thing is, my front speakers are on top of a couple of heavy wooden cabinets that go from the wall to the TV and it is a lot of work to move those, so from what you tell me it might not even be worth moving everything. The passive radiator is facing the front wall in the position its in now btw. As soon as I get the PR ill install it, test in that position and report the results.

4. PEPPY52

PEPPY52

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got the passive radiator. I tested all over the room and found the best spot to be a quarter down the left wall. I get some distortion on the passive radiator at hight volumes but I think its normal. :)