Subwoofer placed behind plasma

horsegun

Standard Member
Reaction score
Evening,

I have a wooden cabinet which is pushed against the corner “V” section of my living room, which leaves a gap of about 16” between the plasma and the wall. On the Cabinet I have my plasma on a stand. Can any one advice me if it is recommend to place my Subwoofer behind my Plasma as I am short of room.

Many thanks

Mark

Hi
My svs-pc ultra is behind my plasma in the corner and it sounds fantastic it also has a footprint of 16" if you could find one in the classifieds it would fit the bill.If you cant it would probably be better to go for a down firing sub though.
PS the above is just in case the sub you have now isnt suitable.

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 138
Thank you for the info and photos Gonzo.

I already have a subwoofer and as a new comer to the world of home cinema type things I have gone for a fairly basic JVC THS66 all in one unit. I have attached a few photos. I have done a birds eye view so you can see the space behind the plamsa (which I can move a good 6" forward) and a photo of the amp. Or am I just best sticking with where the subwoofer is now, just looks very untidy there and means I cant get equal spacing from the two front speakers (which may not be very important)

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 105
  • topview.jpg
    topview.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 107
  • main.jpg
    main.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 114
I would put the sub behind the plasma and see how it sounds you will have to adjust its output a few decibels though to compensate it being behind the unit.

Thanks Gonzo,

On the floor or on the cabinet? Or a case of suck it and see?

Sorry been away a couple of days. I would put the sub on the floor less vibration. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom