1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer output Fluctuates ???

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by andyw, Aug 11, 2003.

1. andyw

andyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this in the right section.

I am basically using a Eltax Atomic 8 sub being fed from the centre/subwoofer output from my 8RDa+ version 1.1 Driver version 2.03 (although all are the same)

After about 10 mins the sub cuts out. The only way to regain bass is to either change the phase switch (regardless of initial position) or turn off then back on.

Now, I don't get how the sub can accept a signal from the output and die, only to start again from changing phases. This is so annoying as the base effect is excellent considering.

Is the sub knackered????

P.S

I have tried various crossover frequency settings through the nvidia soundstorm control panel and also on the sub, doesn't matter what settings I have it still dies after about 10 minutes???

Help lol

andyw

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    It may be switching off during the quieter moments during playback only comming on after a short delay when lfe signals are sent. Have you an always on swicth to negate this or you may wish to look into a y splitter cable to boost the signal into your sub from the amp. My sub has an auto switch that swithches the sub off when it doesn't sence an lfe signal being sent. The always on switch by passes this and the sub never misses a beat.

3. andyw

andyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no, mine is the automatic sensor type that needs a certain level before it 'Activates' I am thinking that the line out from my motherboard isn't quite a 'full signal' so the sub then shuts off. It is bloody baffeling since it works fine on my 5.1 stand alone reciever, just goes off when connected to my PC lol

andyw

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    When I had my A6 many moons ago I'm sure I was able to switch to always on which bypassed the need for the sub to sence a large enough signal. This also rectified the issue with delay noticed as an lfe scene started on a movie - most annoying since you missed half the effect.

5. andyw

andyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't have a bypass switch on the A8, I remember people saying the A8 has to have a 'High' signal to come out of standby before it activates, other than that well your guess is as good as mine lol

andyw