Subwoofer or av…?

darrellnardo

Novice Member
Ok, have patience.
I recently bought a Loewe Bild 5.55 to replace my old Individual. It has the Klang 5 sound Bar but no sub. I’d like to use my Loewe L1 pair of speakers for rear surround but have no clue how to incorporate them.
Is the best way to buy a Klang 1 sub to complete the circle or do I need an AV receiver?
Do I then have to connect the tv to it directly or can I go through the Sony blu ray via the hdmi cable?
I want the blu ray for cds.
Help…

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Looking at the TV and Loewe, it seems as though the Klang seems to be a solution in it own rights and I'm unable to find any information on the soundbar like a manual to explain what the switches are on the rear. I'm guessing these are to let the soundbar know it's mounted on the wall, shelf etc... and its connected to the TV via either HDMI eARC.

It seems as though the Klang 5 could be the replacement for your L1 just seeing the photos online (I could be wrong). It does however seem to be connected via a cable link named Digital Audio Link where you send this particular lead from the TV to one speaker and then it then plugs from that speaker onto another speaker until you create a surround sound experience. There are also a number of buttons on them where you specify which speaker is located where, how and which one so the TV's processing system can understand where the speakers are and which one is which

As for connecting the L1's for rear duties, I cannot see anything on the TV's brief instructions to see how this was possible. Now where you maybe able to add rear speakers is Loewe also have another box Loewe Klang Link which if you contact a Loewe Dealer, they may tell you how you can connect just the rears or maybe the soundbar already has one built in

Having read a little more, as for using an avr, it seems that some of the speakers have RCA connections which means you'll need to find a dedicated avr which uses multichannel out which is different to speaker terminals

I'm sorry I haven't been able to give you any defined answer, but maybe someone who owns one of these products maybe able to elaborate as its quite hard to assist without being able to look at the manual and I have to say the website is very difficult to navigate as I could only find the manual for the Klang 5's via google

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It would be good if @darrellnardo could provide a link to confirm which Soundbar they have - as there are options with similar names showing on the Loewe website.

Joe

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Agreed @Joe Fernand although I suspect its HDMI eARC going on Loewe's website as it just seems like the obvious connection. They do look quite cool although the system is locked into Loewe family from what I can see to

darrellnardo

Novice Member
It’s not via the DAL as that’s somewhere else, and it wasn’t a hdmi.
I know if I get a Klang 1 I get the ability to control everything from the tv menu again.
They cost around €800 and for €400 I can buy something like the Denon PMA-600NE amp and run the tv, Sony UxB-700 blu ray and the L1 speakers through this, with the ability to add a sub later.
I suppose I am curious if it will all gel together and improve things or not…

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It’s not via the DAL as that’s somewhere else, and it wasn’t a hdmi.
I know if I get a Klang 1 I get the ability to control everything from the tv menu again.
They cost around €800 and for €400 I can buy something like the Denon PMA-600NE amp and run the tv, Sony UxB-700 blu ray and the L1 speakers through this, with the ability to add a sub later.
I suppose I am curious if it will all gel together and improve things or not…
I've found the manual for the Bar5_mr and found this snippet which I've translated via googles translator

3.2 Rear of the device
1. Rear flap - before you can use the "WDAL2.0" control buttons, you must remove the rear flap of your soundbar.
2. "WDAL2.0" control buttons - with these switches
you can use additional external wireless speakers
Connect via WDAL2.0 as SUB / REAR / FRONT / CENTER channel. Set the switch to
SMALL if you are using small speakers,
and on BIG if you have big speakers
use. Set the switch to OFF,
to the speaker for a particular
Switch off the channel.
3. PAIRING button - for "WDAL 2.0" pairing
4. "WPS" button / indicator (Wi-Fi Protected Setup;
WLAN-protected setup) - triggers the WiFi setup for Play-Fi.
Press and hold the button for 3 seconds
to activate the WPS mode.

This tells me that if we are on the right soundbar either has the rears included in them or that there must be some wireless speakers available for you to connect

They also go on to day that in order to enjoy some of the better sound features the soundbar ought to be connected via the HDMI eARC from both the TV and soundbar. I suspect that if you are not using the DAL or HDMI that it must be Optical/ToshLink

As for connection the L1's: As it may seem easy, it will not be as easy as you may think due to way Loewe have created the family of products nestled under one hood. Just adding stereo amp then speakers and hoping that takes care of the rears really isn't how things work (volume is the obvious one, also the decoding which are the simple headaches). You can (which I suspect @Joe Fernand may mention) add some additional boxes that can map the audio and send them out accordingly, but you'll be keeping some digital and others analogue which as far as I'm aware isn't available due to HDCP (I could be wrong), so lets see what Joe has to say

My advice would be to contact Loewe direct and ask tell them your predicament as they maybe able to come up with another solution which is available through the Loewe hub which will do exactly what you are asking for. To me it seems that you have either outgrown the soundbar or be sold it without understanding what you can do with it

The other side, if the TV has HDMI eARC, then you can use any other companies soundbar or AVR to create your very own solution away from the brand

darrellnardo

Novice Member
Thanks for the advice. I fear you maybe correct. I’ve become slightly obsessed with using the L1 speakers somehow as they seem too good to discard. The sound from the Klang 5 tbh is excellent where it’s connected to at the moment so I’m not wanting to fiddle with it.
I don’t want to have to buy more speakers to use via an amp when technically I can just buy a Klang 1 sub and use them all together.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom