subwoofer on floorboards, what to do?

nugget2014

hi all

just found out that my new home (move in tomorrow) will have floorboards and a carpet on the flooring in living room. what can i do to be able to still purchase a sub and not have problems?

will just putting it on spikes and above a granite slab or something be the best and easiest step to take in the short term? wont change flooring for at least over a year (if i ever do, then i'll have laminate flooring)

was thinking about getting the bk monolith..but maybe too powerful for floorboards even if using spikes and a granite slab! opinions?

The Eggman72

I put a small paver under my 2 subs painted white...made a hell of a difference.

kungfuman

You can also try an isolator such as the Auralex subdude (which I've got) or the Gramma. These will isolate and tighten the response from the sub. There's a videos on youtube which will demostrate the sound difference of using one. Think its only the Gramma that fits the Monolith.

MemX

Check out the Auralex thread in the DIY section of AVS forum - the science says they should make no difference but user opinion is a different matter lol

nugget2014

dont think will get bk monolith anymore due to the flooring of my new place being floorboards..bit creaky! if i bother getting any sub will get a small to medium one such as Yamaha YSTFW050 or the cambridge audio s90, wharfedale diamond sw150 wharfedale powercube spc-10, or BK xls200 or cambridge audio minx X200 (the x200 seems best for the price point and cheaper than the xls200..)

Obiit

I got a granite chopping board from tesco's and isolated my xls 200 df from the suspended wooden floor. Changed the way my whole room sounded but for the better!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom