• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Subwoofer not working after firmware update on Yamaha A/V Receiver

afrowookie

Standard Member
Hi all, I have a Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver with Energy Speakers and a Quest Subwoofer. Well, everything was working great before and today for some reason I decided to update the firmware on the A/V unit all went smoothly included what I have expected that it might revert back to default settings. As I am going through the Auto Setup for some reason I can't get the Subwoofer working again for the life of me. The Bass only comes from the front tower speakers as Surround Back L/R. But even after turning them off and choosing Bass to come in as Subwoofer only, I get nothing. Even the Test Tone I get sounds from all speakers except the Sub.

Also how come during the Auto setup, one time shows all the speaker wires as good, then the next time shows one of the speakers as the wires are reversed. I didn't change anything just doing tests to see if Sub is working.

Please help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom