1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subwoofer !need your help!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by rasubida@yahoo., Aug 17, 2002.

1. rasubida@yahoo.

rasubida@yahoo.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after weeks of endless searching in HCC,ETC. about which subwoofer is the best to match my AV equipment i finally ended up inchoosing RELQ100E based on the high marks it received from HCC. but i ended up for having a YAMAHA YST SW-305 due to unavailability of REL. I tried my best to search if there is any reviews done on YAM SW-305. Unfortunately i didnt find any. Is there any of you out there know if this is a good subwoofer? does it received any good marks from any other AV MAGS? IF THERE IS ANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I would be grateful to anyone who will immeditely respond to problem. THANX!

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You seem preoccupied with reviews of these subs. I assume you went and listened to the Yamahah before purchasing :rolleyes:? If not, you really should have though I understand this is sometimes impractical. However, reviews are still just a guideline and you should decide whether or not the Yamahah is good by testing it yourself. Have you already got it? If so, do you have any major problems with it? Going on reputation alone, the REL probably would have been a better buy but I can't really comment because I haven't heard either sub in action.

Perhaps someone else will be better able to comment on the Yamahah sub :).

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The YST-SW305 is a good sub - my father has one of these and has been pleased with it's performance on both music and movies. It might appear that the REL's do perform slightly better judging from other's opinions but as groundy says - only you can decide :) If your happy with it then keep it - reviews mean relatively little in the real world :)

I also have a Yamaha - the SW320 which I bought at the time as a bit of a compromise due to space issues. Build quality is excellent and likewise I have no qualms about the sound - spend a bit of time ensuring it is set up correctly and I have no doubts you will be happy ;)

Happy listening... Kelvin.