Subwoofer mock-ups

There's at least 2" at the top and 3"-4" to the side, don't forget you will be always wondering what the 16" ULTRA sounded like :lesson:

It does fit in pretty well. I just wouldn’t get it in white :D

Nice job Kev.

No white would be a bad choice. :D

Have you ever considered painting your skirting boards? My walls need painting again but I really can't be bothered. I'd love a nice stretch fabric wall finish.

There's at least 2" at the top and 3"-4" to the side, don't forget you will be always wondering what the 16" ULTRA sounded like :lesson:

No, it’s too deep to fit in.

Nice job Kev.

No white would be a bad choice. :D

Have you ever considered painting your skirting boards? My walls need painting again but I really can't be bothered. I'd love a nice stretch fabric wall finish.

Yeah I have thought about painting them but not sure I’d want them the same colour as the walls. As for that bloody rug though . . . :laugh:

No, it’s too deep to fit in.

Yeah I have thought about painting them but not sure I’d want them the same colour as the walls. As for that bloody rug though . . . :laugh:

Smaller black rug with enough room for the 16 :)

I can't believe they charge £1500 for that. Build quality looks shocking; too garage-like for me :D

You're moving from the SB-3000s, right?
It's an interesting move. I'll be very keen to hear your thoughts about the move if you make it.

Any differences will only be due to the move from sealed to ported. Same driver, same amp, same number of subs in the same position in the same room. It's a brilliant comparison.

I’ll see if I can mock up a PB16U tomorrow.

Or Monoprice 15 THX! Why? Because you get PB4000 performance for lower price than PB3000. With extension down to 10hz which the PB16U can´t even do.

Chucky7 at AVSF had it for while. He has full JTR system.

I reviewed the Monolith 15" in my HT for about a month. It is an excellent sub. The Monolith 15" hit 105dB @ 11Hz and almost 113dB @ 14.5Hz in my 22' x 14' x 7.5' family room...

Or Monoprice 15 THX! Why? Because you get PB4000 performance for lower price than PB3000. With extension down to 10hz which the PB16U can´t even do.

Chucky7 at AVSF had it for while. He has full JTR system.

I reviewed the Monolith 15" in my HT for about a month. It is an excellent sub. The Monolith 15" hit 105dB @ 11Hz and almost 113dB @ 14.5Hz in my 22' x 14' x 7.5' family room...
It certainly can go loud. Wonder about other qualities.

It certainly can go loud. Wonder about other qualities.

There is comparisons on AVSF as people in US can order many subs for home testing and then decide what to keep. In many cases they have picked Monolith cause it sounds that bit better. Suprisingly it`s also said to sound slightly different than many other brands in a positive way, dryer or something like that with plenty of tight distortion free bass without port chuffing! There is the same Claridy Audio behind the products which is linked to XTZ and Arendal. I think i also have seen PSA Tom saying there is good people building these. He usually knows thing or two..

Monoprice poweramp uses ATI`s internals for example. And the processor is also highly praiced so yeah the only question mark for me would be how the customer support/service is handled. The warranty is 5years same as with Arendal/SVS. :)

It might work out better for your wallet Dodge to simply break down one of the walls and extend your extension than chopping and changing all the time.:D

Better yet create a separate room, stick the subs in it, punch a couple of holes in the wall and you've got yourself a sweet IB system. ;)

What about the PB-4000 ?

I could probably get that in, I’m just not sure about that model for some reason.

I prefer real subs not ones made from cardboard

Maybe that’s were you’re going wrong. You need a real sub.

It might work out better for your wallet Dodge to simply break down one of the walls and extend your extension than chopping and changing all the time.:D

Better yet create a separate room, stick the subs in it, punch a couple of holes in the wall and you've got yourself a sweet IB system. ;)

Nah, you don't need to concern yourself with any of that, this is just a bit of fun :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Fair play you've put alot of effort into that mockup I noticed you even drew in the screw holes for the driver.

So I've been messing about with cardboard again and thought I'd build a PB-3000 :D

Not entirely accurate but not far either. :D

View attachment 1397261
The SB3000 looks tiny in comparison, no wonder they are so popular for integrating into smaller spaces and rooms.
I was thinking about changing my PC-2000 for a PB-3000 but they are so deep it would have to face the TV unit and not out into the room although there would be a decent gap between them.
I also came across the review of the PSA S1512 on here, that looks like a huge performer in a small box, I think you had the S1500 ?. That took me to the PSA V1512 but it’s obviously much taller than the sealed unit. I can only accommodate 1 sub unless I do some diy and a new floor, I’ve kinda forgotten about the PC 2000 in the front left corner, I don’t play movies that loud but enjoy the very low frequencies it can go down to on the occasional movie.

Im using a couple of these black rugs, they have a rubber type backing so don’t slip on wood or laminate floors and for the money not to bad quality, a few different sizes too.

Amazon product ASIN B012IV5LE8
I had forgotten you have a projector, what did you go for ?.

That rug does look decent, certainly for the price. Even the largest one is too small though unfortunately.

I can only accommodate 1 sub unless I do some diy and a new floor, I’ve kinda forgotten about the PC 2000 in the front left corner, I don’t play movies that loud but enjoy the very low frequencies it can go down to on the occasional movie.

This rather begs the question of why you are considering upgrading from the PC2000 that you have...

@DodgeTheViper what subs do you have currently? I've lot track of your box swapping!

The SB3000 looks tiny in comparison, no wonder they are so popular for integrating into smaller spaces and rooms.
I was thinking about changing my PC-2000 for a PB-3000 but they are so deep it would have to face the TV unit and not out into the room although there would be a decent gap between them.
I also came across the review of the PSA S1512 on here, that looks like a huge performer in a small box, I think you had the S1500 ?. That took me to the PSA V1512 but it’s obviously much taller than the sealed unit. I can only accommodate 1 sub unless I do some diy and a new floor, I’ve kinda forgotten about the PC 2000 in the front left corner, I don’t play movies that loud but enjoy the very low frequencies it can go down to on the occasional movie.

Im using a couple of these black rugs, they have a rubber type backing so don’t slip on wood or laminate floors and for the money not to bad quality, a few different sizes too.

Amazon product ASIN B012IV5LE8
I had forgotten you have a projector, what did you go for ?.

Cylinders take up virtually no space compared to pb, I'd say pc series now like 12" cube area...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom