1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer makes click noises

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ThomasThu, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ThomasThu

ThomasThu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LG DA-3520 with speakers. Problem is, some DVDs produce heavy click noises during szenes with intensiv bass sounds, Like "Planet of the Apes" on beginning when Mark goes down to the planet. Or Star Wars I during the Podrace.

For me it sounds like coding errors in the sound stream.

Reducing volume makes no difference.

Checked cables, connection is OK.

Has somone similar experiences?

Thom

2. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It sounds like your sub is bottoming out - the speaker cone is hitting it's physical limits of excursion. This can easily damage your sub if it happens often. Some recievers and pre/pros allow you to set a maximum signal that will be sent to the sub which will prevent this, otherwise, you'll need to turn the sub's volume down, or buy a better sub. You could also experiment with different positions in the room hoping to find somewhere that produces louder bass so you can turn the sub down, corners are good for this.

3. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Or...
    Is you sub going in and out of auto-standby? I have a Yamaha sub with this feature and when it goes on and off you can hear the relay clicking. If it's off and there is suddenly a lot of bass the sub will activate, you'll hear the realay, and then about 5 seconds later you will hear the cone kick in. Similarly if things are quiet for a couple of minutes you will hear the relay click again as the sub goes into standby.
    If this is what's happening then turn the auto-standby off. It just means you need to remember to turn the sub off when you aren't using it!