Question Subwoofer makes boom sound

fulail

Novice Member
I have Harman kardon AVR 142 with HKTS210USB/230 subwoofer. Whenever i switch channels or stop playing music and start again a big boom sound coming from Sub woofer. What could be the problem ?

The subwoofer having following switches,
Phase Switch Theres is 2 option. Reverse and Normal( i put "reverse")
Bass Boost Switch (off)
Power On Mode Switch. Auto / On (On)
Subwoofer Level Control
Input Mode Switch Normal / LFE (Normal). If i choose LFE the boom sound coming more loudly.
External Trigger Input Connector
Line-Level LFE In Connector Line-Level L/R In Connector (Connected cable from AVR to LFE port)

Can anyone help me out ?

Russ_64

Are you sure that you are getting any sound from this sub when watching a movie?

If you only have one connection from AVR to LFE input, then setting the Input Mode Switch to Normal should not give you any sound output (as there is no input on L/R) - if you are only hearing this boom sound then your sub is faulty (or blown).

fulail

Novice Member
Are you sure that you are getting any sound from this sub when watching a movie?

If you only have one connection from AVR to LFE input, then setting the Input Mode Switch to Normal should not give you any sound output (as there is no input on L/R) - if you are only hearing this boom sound then your sub is faulty (or blown).

The Subwoofer is working fine while watching. The boom sound coming only first time if i switch to a channel. Then i tried my Apple TV which also connected to AVR. While watching videos in youtube if i change song also, same boom sound coming first time.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom