• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Subwoofer Issues.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Hi there guys,

Was just wondering if I could have an expert help a noob out. :p I have recently recieved my Yamaha RXV675 Reciever and Q2000i speaker package. When I am Airplaying content across the subwoofer is not engaging when I am playing music, any ideas? It was working before I ran another YPAO test...

I currently have the sub settings as follows:

Auto Sensitivity: High
Crossover: 180 / AV
Level: Half
Phase: 0
Phase Invert: 0
Speaker type: Sealed

Is this the best for the sub? I have set the Crossover for 80Hz in the Settings.

I have also noticed the subwoofer seems to turn off during extended viewing sessions such as movies, is it best to leave the sensitivity to High so that it will detect scenes with bass quicker and turn back on faster?

Regards,

Dan.

Ghostrider

Before going any further try just setting the ub to ON - i.e. forget the auto switching and see how it performs.

I can have some issues with the AUTO setting on mine unless I up the volume a bit hence why I just tend to use on / off and ignore the auto setting.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Before going any further try just setting the ub to ON - i.e. forget the auto switching and see how it performs.

I can have some issues with the AUTO setting on mine unless I up the volume a bit hence why I just tend to use on / off and ignore the auto setting.

I seemed to have fixed the Airplay issue.

q%20acoustics%202000i%2002.jpg

I don't see an option to turn off auto switching?

Dialatech

Banned
I seemed to have fixed the Airplay issue.

q%20acoustics%202000i%2002.jpg

I don't see an option to turn off auto switching?

Not 100% sure here but I think he means turning the auto on sensitivity to low/mid rather then high

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom