Subwoofer inputs and placement?

bravogolf

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Good day to you all. My canton 102's were delivered and am just running through the setup of them  On the subwoofer there are inputs for L/R High Level Inputs and L/R Low Level Inputs. Am confused as to which ones should be used! My AV receiver is the Onkyo 605.

Also, my Sub is almost right beside me, would that cause problems, do you think? See attached pic outlining layout!

Cheers!

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 68
AV tends to go to your low level inputs. Hi-level is for the speaker outputs of your hi-fi (if you want to connect it to your sub).

For position, I think it mostly depends on your room / sub combination so it's trial and error. When I got my sub I initially put it in a corner. Sometimes, I would get nasty rumbling at certain film parts so I moved it - much better. But when I got an SPL meter and a BFD, I found that the "better" position didn't have such a big peak as the corner did, but it also had a huge dip which the corner didn't. Since it's easier to filter the big peak out with the BFD than it is to correct dips, my sub is now back in the corner.

Thank you for your help, will just connect the low level inputs then and leave subwoofer where it is :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom