1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer Help

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by RanxZy, Sep 22, 2005.

1. RanxZy

RanxZy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm interested in buying this sub http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subwoofer-SAMSUNG-70W_W0QQitemZ5810499433QQcategoryZ14996QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem , but i'm not sure if it will connect to my hifi.

Its just a normal hifi system you would get in argos but its 300W and has decent bass, and a digital amplifier but i want more for movies. It has no other connections except phono line out/in and 3xrca for game sound. Would the sub connect and work with with my system?

heres the hifi i got

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=JWJNZALQAFSF1J0RMRCSHQFHKFSESI5P

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You could only use it if the sub had high level (speaker level) connectors. The sub in the picture has no model number or photo of the rear so it's impossible to tell.

I would guess that it may only have low level connectors to connect to the sub out socket of an AV amp

3. RanxZy

RanxZy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The connectors that it has at the back include just the speaker connections and left/right line in/out phono connections.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If the sub has speaker connections then it can be connecetd to the speaker terminals on your amp

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    according to a question someone asked on that ebay page, the sub is passive.....

which means your amplifier has to drive it, it has no internal amplifier, so it should connect to your speaker terminals.......i doubt its very powerful in that case, and your amp had better be reasonably powerful....lol