1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer help required

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by TwinCityWild, Sep 17, 2005.

1. TwinCityWild

TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been a bit of a while since i bought any AV stuff...just wanted to get some peoples ideas on subwoofers. Im not in the market to spend a bucket load of cash...Ive read What hi-fi on and off for years...everything they suggest thats half decent...such as rel is all £300 plus. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a sub under a £150. Ive got yamaha DSP A5 that ive had for ages along with a set of mission 702e's and a mission 75c centre and mission 731i's for the rear's. Always thought about buying a sub just never got around to it. The actual sub that goes with the 700's (mission 70as) is available on and off on Ebay for anything between £70 and £120. So is it worth matching the sub to the speakers? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You don't have to worry about matching the sub to the speakers as that is only a consideration about the frequencies that subwoofers operate.

I haven't heard the Mission sub but the usual second hand suspects in that sort of price range include Paradigm and REL with perhaps even a BK XLS 200 sneaking in.

Why not stick a notice in our "hardware wanted" classified forum here and see what comes up.

3. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,451
    Ian,

Before I make a boo boo, what are the rules for selling on the forum? I seem to remember something about it being against the rules...

Thx

4. TwinCityWild

TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice Ian :thumbsup: ...much appreciated. Will do exactly what you say and post in the hardware wanted section and see what happens.

Thanks again

Phil

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Just go to the classifieds section if you want to sell something,don't forget to read the rules though.