Subwoofer help please

geedawg2608

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there I am after buying a subwoofer but on a bit of a budget so what out of these would be best in your opinions please , I have a 4 meter by 4 meter living room , yamaha rxd 475 reciver and technics sbc 500 center speaker matching front and surround speakers so sbs 500 and sbv 500. The woofers I have seen are as follows kef psw 2000 used, the jamo c910 that would be brand new budget 200 pound mark , rel quake used or the sunfire hrs 8 . Was looking at abk Gemini 2 but that's gone now or the mja pro 50.. Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated as I am a newbie as you can tell from the post . Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

if you're still looking and would go for an used KEF sub with an year warranty and lifetime support (that may be my lifetime though ;)), you can PM me anytime.

Cheers

£200 isn't a lot of increase your budget .that isn't a massive room but it's not tiny either.

I'd say bk xls 200 minimum. Ideally better for movies

Kef psw Hugh PSU failure rate

not if it was on my workbench ;) - would outlive all others mentioned...
Already purchased a jamo c910 in white mainly to match the living room but all the reviews looked okay . Hope its as good as the reviews stat and its brand new so fingers crossed

Seen a couple of celestion a6S subs, each have 2x10" but only 200W amp so a bit weedy, also quite old.

But 4 x10" should be pretty good

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom