Subwoofer help please

geedawg2608

Hi there I am after buying a subwoofer but on a bit of a budget so what out of these would be best in your opinions please , I have a 4 meter by 4 meter living room , yamaha rxd 475 reciver and technics sbc 500 center speaker matching front and surround speakers so sbs 500 and sbv 500. The woofers I have seen are as follows kef psw 2000 used, the jamo c910 that would be brand new budget 200 pound mark , rel quake used or the sunfire hrs 8 . Was looking at abk Gemini 2 but that's gone now or the mja pro 50.. Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated as I am a newbie as you can tell from the post . Many thanks

Last edited:

ColdPower

Standard Member
Hi,

if you're still looking and would go for an used KEF sub with an year warranty and lifetime support (that may be my lifetime though ;)), you can PM me anytime.

Cheers

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
£200 isn't a lot of increase your budget .that isn't a massive room but it's not tiny either.

I'd say bk xls 200 minimum. Ideally better for movies

Kef psw Hugh PSU failure rate

geedawg2608

not if it was on my workbench ;) - would outlive all others mentioned...
Already purchased a jamo c910 in white mainly to match the living room but all the reviews looked okay . Hope its as good as the reviews stat and its brand new so fingers crossed

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Seen a couple of celestion a6S subs, each have 2x10" but only 200W amp so a bit weedy, also quite old.

But 4 x10" should be pretty good

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom