Subwoofer for Pioneer PDP427XD

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by pc1320, Apr 29, 2007.

1. pc1320

pc1320
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...seeing that this tv has a subwoofer output could somebody recommend a reasonably priced one for this tv?

Cheers
    pc1320

2. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi,
    Check your manual to see whether the output is already amplified or not. Very likely it is a line-out (unamplified output) with an RCA (Phono) connector.
    Budget hifi Subwoofers would include the Morduant Short MS309 (Around £140-£200) or the apparently significantly better BK Electronics XLS200 or the BK entry model the Gemini

Check the details about the output first though.

'Reasonably-Priced' is a very open suggestion. If the ones listed don't fall in budget, or you want to spend a bit more etc, then let us know.

Dan.

3. pc1320

pc1320
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dan for that. Its a line-out with an RCA connector. I wasn't thinking of going to that expense although you have me thinking. Would the MS or the BK models be a little bit over the top? What do you think? Any more suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Willie

4. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi PC1320,
    If just using the Sub with the TV speakers, I'd say yes - over the top. If using in conjunction with an AV reciever and surround sound speakers, it depends on the kit.
    Please list the kit you have and we can find that right product for you or at least a shortlist.
    Just letting you know I may end up moving this thread to the Subwoofers forum where I'm sure you'll get help on Subwoofers to compliment your kit within your budget/needs.
    I'll await your reply regards to the rest of the kit you have and we can go from there.

Catch you soon,

Dan

5. pc1320

pc1320
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dan...i just want a subwoofer to use with the television so any suggestions would be great. Incidently I just took delivery of an REL 'T2' sub the other day for my home cinema kit which consists of a Panasonic PTAE-100 LCD projector (very tempted to upgrade to the PTAX-100E), 3 X M&K K7s, 2 X M&K K4 rear Tripoles and an electric 72" screen. If I had known you last week I may have gone for one of your suggested subs to go with this kit. What do you think of the 'T2'?

Anyway see what you think.
    Cheers
    Willie

6. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Haven't heard the T2 myself. The subs I suggested are ones that come highly recommended on the forums, especially the BK ones. I run 5.0 personally. My room is on first floor, so Sub not an option for me I'm afraid.

I'm going to move this thread over to the Subwoofer forum now, that forum is more geared towards getting the advice you need on the subject. I don't think the model of your TV influences the advice you need much.

I'm still subscribed to this thread and will help if I can, but I'm popping this thread where it now belongs as I see you getting more knowledge and advice there..

Dan.:)

7. mountfa

mountfa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

Dont know if you have purchased anything yet but i recently got a Pioneer S-W160S-K to hook up to my 507xd and that does the job nicely.

Regards,

Andy.

8. DARRAHMAN

DARRAHMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Ive got my pioneer 507 hooked up to a Rel Strata sounds great to me even better than when it goes thro my amp, more of a beef sound, and my better half prefers:hiya: only the tv speakers so i get best of both worlds.