Subwoofer for Denon AVR-X1700H

Grolsch

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just ordered a Denon X-700H and bought Q Acoustics 3200 Speakers from recommendations I've found online but seen that the Q Acoustic subs are not good. I was just going to get a home cinema system complete set up but read they're poor.

I have no idea what sub to get or what to look for. Will a budget up to £400 get me one? I read that the Oli-KH30 is good but can't seem to find anywhere to buy from. Can anyone recommend something suitable for the set up I've bought? Mainly to be used for Movies and gaming if that changes anything?

Nice find! I saw that came recommended but when I checked prices I couldn't find one for less than £800, I will get that one then thank you.

My room is approx 13'x13'
just so you are aware, that model in the link is the 10inch driver and not the pro version which is about £800 and has the 12inch driver, but its a great sub

just so you are aware, that model in the link is the 10inch driver and not the pro version which is about £800 and has the 12inch driver, but its a great sub
Ah yeah didn't know. I will get this one anyway as reviews are good for it. I'll have to look at some guides on setting it up now as I no idea what those toggles on the back are for. My current one is just a standard 5.1 surround sound system so it's all new to me.

Thanks again for your help

cool . plenty of help here when you get it

Monoprice 10"?

1649856476352.png

Unless there's an Easter sale, which may be worth hanging on for.

I would have certainly mentioned the monolith 10 if his budget was £500 but it was not, if the op can stretch to that he could try the svs then if he feels he needs more output send it back and buy the monolith

I would have certainly mentioned the monolith 10 if his budget was £500 but it was not, if the op can stretch to that he could try the svs then if he feels he needs more output send it back and buy the monolith

I've already ordered the SVS which was higher than my budget already anyway. I can't see myself needing anything more as I thought my Panasonic surround sound system sounded great (although I know it's probably awful in reality) so I'm sure I'm going to be impressed!

Just a shame I won't get to try my new system out till June when I move to our new home.

Amazon product ASIN B0015M0NH2
That is what I currently have.

You’re going to love it will be night and day difference , my room is 13x13 feet and I had just 1 svs sb 1000 pro in here and it’s fantastic , you’ve just got to find the right place for it to sound it’s best :smashin:

You’re going to love it will be night and day difference , my room is 13x13 feet and I had just 1 svs sb 1000 pro in here and it’s fantastic , you’ve just got to find the right place for it to sound it’s best :smashin:
Thanks for your recommendation, finally got it set up now, absolutely over the moon about the new set up, Mrs is rather annoyed 😅

Any idea how enable the settings for 2 subwoofers? I connected a second subwoofer on the SW2, then went on to setup the Audessey calibration, saw the graphic display that there is only 1 subwoofer.... how do I adjust it so it would show up with the dual subs?

Any idea how enable the settings for 2 subwoofers? I connected a second subwoofer on the SW2, then went on to setup the Audessey calibration, saw the graphic display that there is only 1 subwoofer.... how do I adjust it so it would show up with the dual subs?

That is correct. Just carry on with the setup as the low Denon model will have same signal going for both subs so it won`t detect two subwoofers, but you will hear the 2nd sub working with test tones. Ideally place the subs equidistant to listener and the knobs similar on both, try example front corners or 1/4 front wall width locations. After Audussey setup check that "subwoofer level" isn`t maxed at -12db. If that happens then you need to run it again with lower gain (volume) on both. Best to run Audussey with 3mic positions first to save some time and check. MultEQ XT doesn`t show the loudness in the setup same way as XT32.

Perform individual sub setup this is what I did

Sub one (sub two off)
Move into position. Run calibration, manual level calibrate to 75db and note what setup distance reports back

Sub two (sub one off)
Move into position, Run manual level calibration, so not change volume of avr sub out from previous setting of sub one above, and see if it reports same distance as sub one, if not adjust phase or physically move sub until it reports same timing as sub one. Calibrate to 75db. Only adjust volume on the actual sub of this sub, do not adjust avr.

Now the subs will be equal volume from the listening position, and time aligned from the listening position.

Switch both subs on, run level calibration and distance. Do not touch setting on the subs.

I have two subs either side of the TV which is equa-distant via y splitter so in effect same as you

That is correct. Just carry on with the setup as the low Denon model will have same signal going for both subs so it won`t detect two subwoofers, but you will hear the 2nd sub working with test tones. Ideally place the subs equidistant to listener and the knobs similar on both, try example front corners or 1/4 front wall width locations. After Audussey setup check that "subwoofer level" isn`t maxed at -12db. If that happens then you need to run it again with lower gain (volume) on both. Best to run Audussey with 3mic positions first to save some time and check. MultEQ XT doesn`t show the loudness in the setup same way as XT32.
got it.. thanks, will be adjusting the sub volumes so it's the same, then will be calibrating it using the MultiEq app.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom