Subwoofer for 2.1 setup (b&w dm601 s2)

hysteric

Standard Member
Reaction score
As above I am looking for a subwoofer to match the dynamics of b&w dm601 s2 pair I already have. It will be primarily for stereo audio, not home theatre. Ideally something fast and punchy..so I am thinking 10" driver, sealed enclosure and I do not want to break the bank. £200 or less.

It will be run of a Cyrus 3 psxr combo.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Room is 5x5m.

£200 is not a lot for a decent sub to be honest. BK Electronics do some good value for money subs and your budget would get you the bottom of the range Gemini II.

I used to run one of the first BK XLS200's with a set of DM601 s2 - the sub integrated pretty well for the price. This was about 5 years ago though so I imagine the newer, smaller, BK subs have improved further.

A 2nd hand XLS200 could be the best value for £200

Save a bit more and get the BK XLS200. Had one for 2 years now for music and HC. It will be worth it I can assure you.

I have just picked up a xls200 for the budget..... havent hooked it up as yet, but does look the business.

thanks for the recomendation!

I used to run one of the first BK XLS200's with a set of DM601 s2 - the sub integrated pretty well for the price. This was about 5 years ago though so I imagine the newer, smaller, BK subs have improved further.

A 2nd hand XLS200 could be the best value for £200

Hi mate, just out of interest do you recall what you set the corssover freq at? The response of the 601's run down to 70hz.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom