Subwoofer does not work!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dagk, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Dagk

Dagk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I bought a Gale Sub 6 from Richer Sounds. I have a Technics SA-AX710 AV receiver. I currently have my DVD player hooked up with 5 speakers for surround sound. On the back of the amp is one output for a subwoofer. On the instructions with the subwoofer it said that if you have only out output from the your amp then connect up the left (mono) cable only to the subwoofer. I tried this but the subwoofer only appears to be making a very very quite rumble when I run the 5.1 surround sound test and when playing a movie I can't really hear it at all. I have to put my ear right up to the subwoofer to hear this slight rumble. Does anyone know why my subwoofer is behaving so quietly? Thanks.

Sorry.....this should be in the Subwoofer forum!!!!!!

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Have you set the Technics up to output LFE to the sub channel? Set all other speakers to Small and Bass to LFE.

3. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The slight rumble you can hear may just be static.

Check that the sub-out on your amp is set to on, you should be able to do this in the speaker set up menu. Also, check your gain control on the sub, if it's set to zero or very low then that may be why you aren't getting anything.

If you check both of these and still get no joy then amp or cable or sub may be faulty.