1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SubWoofer connection

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by nja, Mar 14, 2002.

1. nja

nja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am thinking of buying an REL Strata III - my Hi-Fi amp is a Cyrus 5 and I also own a Sony DAVS800 system.
    As these REL beasts are rather expensive I would quite like to use the REL in both the hi-fi and home-cinema set ups. This would mean replacing the DAVS800 subwoofer (which is linked via speaker wire) with the REL. The Sony manual says do not use any other speakers with the system but they would say that wouldn't they ?. Any ideas if/how I can do this would be gratefully received.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    The Rels can be connected via both line level (phono) and high level (speaker wires).

Double check its possible to connect the DAV speakers to another sub though as the Rels only have one high level input (a Neutrik gas tight connecter).

If you have to run all the DAV speakers thru the sub then I dont think it will be possible to change.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    If its possible you could have the Rel connected to the Cyrus via the High Level connector and also connected to the DAV via the low level.

I dont know what connections the DAV has.