• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

subwoofer choice help please

albmx

Standard Member
hi i am near the point of buying a subwoofer for my room, i have a pair of scandyna minipods and an onkyo mini cr545 it sounds great but i would like a little more bass. i want gloss white and have settled on these units.

wharfedale dx 1 at £165 inc delivery
q acoustics 2070s at ££169 inc delivery

then possibly
monitor audio vw8 at £245 inc delivery
bk gemini 11 at £250 inc delivery

anyone have any ideas for me i am leaning toward the wharfdale as i like the look but the Q is a bargain at the momment for the old S. not sure if the other 2 are goiung to be worth the extra ££ for what i need

:thumbsup:

jamescarter1981

Established Member
Why does it have to be gloss white? That will really limit your choice as the majority of subs come in Black. Gloss white is a more modern finish.

albmx

Standard Member
ha ha no its me im anal and i need a white sub. contacted bk to see if they would make me a white front firing gemini but he said it would be very expensive. i am considering making my own now :D

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
why not see if BK will build you the sub, but with a raw cab, so you could paint it yourself. the sub may cost a little less that way and you would get the best of both worlds, a great priced commercial sub with your own finish. You can build your own sub for £500 or less, but the advantage over something from the like of BK is much reduced at that price level unless you go for something with a much larger cabinet.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom