Subwoofer cable

D

digitalmonkey

I will shortly be adding a Velodyne CHT-10 to my system and was wondering what would be the best type of cable to use.

Would a dedicated sub. cable like the IXOS 1141 be a better bet than a standard interconnect cable like the QED Qunex 2? (I have seen both of these on sale as sub. cables)

Also, I saw one model on sale (another IXOS, can't remember the model) with 1 phono at one end and a Y-splitter and 2 phonos on the other end, with the retailer claiming that as most subs have dual phono inputs, the best performance will be obtained by feeding the signal to both of these inputs. Is this right, or should it not make a difference?

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi

To be honest I couldn´t tell the difference between a "sub cable" and a standard phono cable. Others may though!

I use a Y splitter and have mine connected to both inputs of the sub, seems to work better though its really for the subs Auto On input, when the two are connected it switches on quicker at low volume.

JSW

Jase I have two sub outs on the 1080 so I take it i just use these and no y splitter?

Jase

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by JSW
Jase I have two sub outs on the 1080 so I take it i just use these and no y splitter?

I´d assume so. I´ve never had an amp/receiver with two sub outs though, so not tried it!

D

digitalmonkey

Thanks Jase, I think I will probably go for the Y-split cable. Cheers!:)

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom