• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Subwoofer cable question?

MrDon

Standard Member
I dont know what happened there, but anyway the amp is an Onkyo 605 and the subwoofer is a Tannoy TS12, please help!

D

Deleted member 30535

You need a 75 Ohm Interconnect cable. Although "Normal" interconnects can and do get used successfully with subs, because of the lower frequency content of subwoofer signals, they are more susceptible to picking up background interference, particularly from the mains. As a result you will find special subwoofer cables which have extra screening to to keep out unwanted interference.

A subwoofer cable is essentially a Phono (RCA) to Phono (RCA) cable with added cable properties. Do a search in here or Google for "Subwoofer cable".

THe cable connects to the SUB-Out on your amplifier and (probably) line-in (left or right, doesn't matter) on your sub.

HTH

MrDon

Standard Member
.Thanks for helping out Mr Incredible, what had me flustered were all these 3 pin plugs and left and right line ins at the back of the subwoofer and just the one connection at the back of the amp.I'll do what you said, i've already got a quality phono lead that should do the job for the time being.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom