1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer cable question...

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by jonnyv, Apr 1, 2002.

1. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I am using a 10 meter phono lead at the moment to connect my pioneer thx 7.1 amp to my yamaha subwoofer..

the cable is a fairly standard quality phono lead...Is there a specific cable i need to get for best results or is a standard phono lead suitable..cheers...

attached pic of curent phono cable....

thanks for any advice

Attached Files:

2. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I emailed Chord and asked which cable is the best for a Sub, the answer was a Cord Chrysalis Interconnect.

So I ordered a 2 metre Chrysalis, works fine' sounds better than my previous 75ohm std interconnect.

Regards

Eddie
    :cool:

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <irony>Wow, a manufacturer recommending one of their own cables, you must've been shocked </irony>.

Mike.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I bet if you emailed Ixos they wouldn't recommend the Chord Chrysalis

5. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Eddie´s post is valid, anyone using one brand cables will probably do the same, and then he comments on his cable...

I have some cheapish stuff from Tech+Link, no problems with the sound, but asked my dealer for something more hifi (I mean more money), and he is making me a pair of WBT 2020 with WBT terminals, of course...

I will post if I ear any difference.

What did improve the bass was, first a second subwoofer, later a better splitter from Monster cable, and spikes...

6. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Flimber and Ian J

I could mention about putting brains into gear before replying but I won’t.

Did it not occur to you both that I wanted to stick to Chord cables....? Derrr...., that’s why I asked for Chords recommendations.

What you probably did not notice either is that they did not recommend any of their more expensive cables.

I did not ask Ixos as I do not consider their cables to be in the same class as Chord.

regards

eddie:cool:

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The replies from Flimber and myself were specifically because it was your brain that was not in gear.

In future we will work on our mind reading skills just in case we have to guess at the part of the answer that you don't bother writing.

8. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I am not sure this is an accurate statement. Yes I own substantial quantities of Chord and IXOS cables.;)

9. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure this is an accurate statement. Yes I own substantial quantities of Chord and IXOS cables.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nic

This is my personal opinion only, I had an experience with a Ixos optical cable where the end came off far too easily, It went back of course, I have not touched Ixos since.

However I do reliase that Ixos sell more cables than Chord, also Chord cables are hand made where Ixos are mass produced.

Regards

Eddie:)