1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer cable lengths

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Matt F, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just looking at alternative sites for my subwoofer (for this read "I'm trying to figure out how I could possibly fit an REL Stentor into my lounge without my wife going mad").

Anyway, the only place such a sub would really fit would require a phono cable connection to my processor with a length of something like 10 meters.

Is there a problem with phono cables of this length (assuming a good quality, well shielded cable is used)?

Thanks,

Matt.

2. snelly

snelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think 10m is no problem with a decent cable,

I'd be more worried that the one place the stentor will fit might not suit it properly...

It would be a shame if you didfnt get the best from it because you only had one, inappropriate, location.

How fussy is the Stentor on placement???

3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the response.

I don't know how fussy it would be - it's "down firing" which suggests (to me) that it shouldn't be too fussy but it's also ported which might mean that it is!

I won't worry too much if I do end up going for it (and that's a big IF) as I'll probably move house within 2-3 years and the next one WILL have a bigger lounge (or a dedicated room). In fairness, my current lounge is a reasonable size (16X14ft) but the Stentor is bleedin' big and could only go in 1 or 2 locations.

Matt.