Subwoofer Blown??

G

Ghost_Snare

As of lately I swear my subwoofer in my surround sound setup sounds less punchy then it did before...I have had it only 2 months now and it's the black Sony $100 subwoofer that is their popular model...I am just wondering if somehow the speaker is blown...it seems to sound muddy now and it's really pissing me off because I just bought it a little bit ago and expected it to last a bit longer for $100 (I know that's not high-end but better than the cheapo home-theater-in-a-box deals)...is there some way I can test this speaker somehow...It rumbles when I do a THX Surround Test so it's working but how can I tell if it's working CORRECTLY?? Thanks for your help!!

Sometimes it can be a setting on another piece of equipment like a 'night listening' or 'Dynamic filtered' mode on your DVD player or Receiver. I would check nothing is set 'wrong' on your Receiver and sources before you make up your mind for sure it is the woofer. :)

well I've checked all of those settings and everything is uniform to what it was just a few days ago...when it makes noise it just rattles and cracks like it didn't before...it sounds muddy and unclear like when car speakers blow...I don't know...thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom