1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer Blown??

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Ghost_Snare, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Ghost_Snare

Ghost_Snare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As of lately I swear my subwoofer in my surround sound setup sounds less punchy then it did before...I have had it only 2 months now and it's the black Sony $100 subwoofer that is their popular model...I am just wondering if somehow the speaker is blown...it seems to sound muddy now and it's really pissing me off because I just bought it a little bit ago and expected it to last a bit longer for $100 (I know that's not high-end but better than the cheapo home-theater-in-a-box deals)...is there some way I can test this speaker somehow...It rumbles when I do a THX Surround Test so it's working but how can I tell if it's working CORRECTLY?? Thanks for your help!!

2. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    Sometimes it can be a setting on another piece of equipment like a 'night listening' or 'Dynamic filtered' mode on your DVD player or Receiver. I would check nothing is set 'wrong' on your Receiver and sources before you make up your mind for sure it is the woofer. :)

3. Ghost_Snare

Ghost_Snare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I've checked all of those settings and everything is uniform to what it was just a few days ago...when it makes noise it just rattles and cracks like it didn't before...it sounds muddy and unclear like when car speakers blow...I don't know...thanks