1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer advice needed

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by welshcelt, Jun 14, 2003.

1. welshcelt

welshcelt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Mission m70as sub-woofer to complete my Mission m70 speaker set-up. I connected the sub-woofer to my AV amp - a Marantz SR4200 with an IXOS XFA01 1 RCA to 1RCA lead. However, I'm not getting any sound out of the sub-woofer. I've made sure the connectors are all going in the right places and set Subwoofer = Y on the amp. Should I be using a 2RCA to 2RCA lead or is the subwoofer faulty. The Mission helpdesk is closed till Monday morning so I thought I'd try here in the meantime. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nigel

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes the input is labeled "mono", the phono should go in this, if not experiment with both inputs but TURN OFF both your amp and sub.

as a thought the phono out on your amp is in "sub out"?

If it does need a dual input, Maplin do one for around £5

3. welshcelt

welshcelt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

The phono out on the amp is labelled 'subwoofer' which is pretty clear cut. There are two inputs on the sub - one is labelled 'sub in' and the other is labelled 'lfe in'. The manual says to use the 'lfe in'. But I've tried both and neither work.

Nigel

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Things I'd check:-

Have you got mains power feeding the sub (I'm assuming the subs active)- usually a light emits to show power present.
    Have you connected the Sub out on the amp to the lfe in on the sub correctly.Have you tried an alternative interconnect to make sure the original one's not faulty.
    Set the subwoofer to on/yes and LFE to SUB or Mains And Sub on the amps menu.
    If this doesn't give you any joy then your next step would be to approach mission or you amp dealers since it could also be the amp (unless you've tried another sub and that works ok)

good luck m8