Subwoofer Advice Needed

Exodiac

Novice Member
Hi good afternoon,

I am about to make a decision on what subwoofer to purchase and need to clarify it before going ahead.

My setup as of this minute is: 5.2.4 - Will be 80% Movies/TV Series and 20% Music

65" LG GX Oled TV
Klipsch 8000F Tower Speaker
Klipsch 504C Centre Speaker
Klipsch 600M Bookshelf Speaker
Klipsch 500SA x2 Elevation Speaker for going on front Wall and Back Wall
Sub1:
Sub2:
Panasonic UB9000 4K Blu-Ray Player

Room dimensions: L Shaped Living Room Open Planned To Kitchen - 15x15x8 ft - 1800 Cubic Ft
Its an Apartment on the ground floor concrete floor and I have carpet.

Now for subwoofer consideration and I am open to others but would like information and data showing if 1 is better over the other and your personel opinion matters also.

1. SVS PB3000 - Dual
2. PSA V1812 - Dual - No EQ? or Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core
3. PSA TV2112 - Dual - No EQ? or Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core

Spoke to kalibrate AV they mentioned I don't need Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core is that true?

Lastly I will be getting my Speaker Setup/Subs professionally calibrated.

Last time @Mr Wolf Sold me on the SVS PB3000 I am 98% settled but I keep second guessing myself about whats better so to just to settle the debate and
confirm or deny I am going with the best option thanks.

/Exodiac

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
In the US Klipsch are generally partnered every single time with SVS, there is obviously a balance between them that makes them just sound right.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi good afternoon,

I am about to make a decision on what subwoofer to purchase and need to clarify it before going ahead.

My setup as of this minute is: 5.2.4 - Will be 80% Movies/TV Series and 20% Music

65" LG GX Oled TV
Klipsch 8000F Tower Speaker
Klipsch 504C Centre Speaker
Klipsch 600M Bookshelf Speaker
Klipsch 500SA x2 Elevation Speaker for going on front Wall and Back Wall
Sub1:
Sub2:
Panasonic UB9000 4K Blu-Ray Player

Room dimensions: L Shaped Living Room Open Planned To Kitchen - 15x15x8 ft - 1800 Cubic Ft
Its an Apartment on the ground floor concrete floor and I have carpet.

Now for subwoofer consideration and I am open to others but would like information and data showing if 1 is better over the other and your personel opinion matters also.

1. SVS PB3000 - Dual
2. PSA V1812 - Dual - No EQ? or Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core
3. PSA TV2112 - Dual - No EQ? or Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core

Spoke to kalibrate AV they mentioned I don't need Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core is that true?

Lastly I will be getting my Speaker Setup/Subs professionally calibrated.

Last time @Mr Wolf Sold me on the SVS PB3000 I am 98% settled but I keep second guessing myself about whats better so to just to settle the debate and
confirm or deny I am going with the best option thanks.

/Exodiac

Which av-receiver you own?

You have quite different products in the list, although all are ported models but 13" driver vs. 18" or 21" there is quite huge difference. But seriously for apartment it sounds bit silly unless you have deaf neighbours.

Exodiac

Novice Member
I will be getting Denon 4700H Receiver so you would advise not going bigger than the svs pb 3000 for my situation.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I will be getting Denon 4700H Receiver so you would advise not going bigger than the svs pb 3000 for my situation.

I was asking generally regarding subwoofer eq which the Denon (Audussey) handles fine so you don´t need to buy any Antimode units.

My comment was more about you living in apartment with neighbours and you eyeing 18-21" ported subwoofers. How is that going to end, eviction or you cuffed back seat of police car? 😅

You have 1800cu ft space. One PB3000 got Extreme room rating that means it`s suitable for > 5,000 ft^3 rooms and two would bump that even further. It`s one of the best bang for buck products in SVS range so great choice no doubt. Are you considering moving to detached house in future?

andym81

For comparison I'm running dual pb 2000s in a slightly smaller room and there complete overkill lol.

I don't listen to loud (-17). Dual 3000s will still be fun to listen to.

I use a 4300 and it's very good at eq my subs so no need for an anti mode but placement is also a key factor. I found ported subs are more sensitive to placement than sealed

Mr Wolf

I'm running dual pb 2000s in a slightly smaller room and there complete overkill
Well that's just a sign of a good system because the technical phrase for it is dynamic headroom.

Choosing subs is not just about SPL. I have two PB-3000s in a 2,500CuFt space. I'm sure a pair of PB-1000s would play loud enough but they wouldn't have the same quality of delivery in terms of explosiveness. If you related it to cars, loudness would be speed and explosiveness would be acceleration.

This guys explains the concept and, having tested the entire SVS range, in his opinion the PB-3000 is the lowest model in the range that has a truly explosive quality. These subs are capable of really shocking you when they kick in such is the surge in bass.

Exodiac

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies yes it seems im confident with all the research and responses from people who have had or have the sub im considering and I have checked a few of subwoofer 101 videos hes very knowledgable and have listened to some demos on youtube even though its not the same in person just gives you an idea since with youtube compression what mic the person is using etc factors in but I believe the 3000 series will be where its at in terms of looks to performance and with the metal grill.

So im going to go ahead with the 3000 series thanks for the info and advice. Once I've got everything set up and calibrated ill post my thoughts on how I am liking it.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom