• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Subwoofer advice for denon 2311

Hypogooner

Standard Member
Hello all. first time on the forums and already asking questions.
I've just brought a denon 2311 avr and need a replacement subwoofer as the one I've got is the passive one from my denon 500sd. I don't want to spend much money as I may upgrade all my speakers in a year or 2. Is there anything I need to know before I buy one. I have been looking at the Wharfdale sw150 as it's only £150 and got good reviews. The speakers I'm using are the 100w 500sd ones if that matters.

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Hi and welcome

What would matter about using your system Speakers would be the resistance,but at 6ohms they should be ok.

Have as look at the BK range the Gemini 2 in particular.A little more expensive at £204 but far better than the Wharfedale.

I'll move this to the Subwoofer Forum for your further perusal and suggestions from the members there.

Good luck,

K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom