SUBWAY - Bacon and Ham being taken off the menu.

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally the most offensive thing I've read this week!!

Replaced with Turkey "Ham" and Turkey "Bacon"? Why not just take a crap in my sandwich, it will taste nicer.

Sonic67

Banned
Click bait from the Daily Fail.

If you owned a Subway in Bradford I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't serving ham. How much demand would there be for it so why buy it or serve it? Meanwhile in Surrey there might be a demand.

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
They're not pandering to minorities, they're making sensible business decisions to get more customers. I doubt the person responsible for the decision would have made it unless they had done the research that showed their muslim customers would spend more money in those selected branches.

rousetafarian

A local Tesco has recently opened a large open-plan Halal butcher's in it's store.

Meanwhile, the majority of clientele have to deal with pre-packaged non-Halal meat, or shop elsewhere. The store has been open for 30-odd years and never had any other type of butchers.

This doesn't sit well with the people I've asked, and we all now shop elsewhere.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I'm all for live and let live but that should apply to the mainstream as well.
It seems that minorities rule and must be pandered to at all costs.

Bill Hicks

Banned
A local Tesco has recently opened a large open-plan Halal butcher's in it's store.

Meanwhile, the majority of clientele have to deal with pre-packaged non-Halal meat, or shop elsewhere. The store has been open for 30-odd years and never had any other type of butchers.

This doesn't sit well with the people I've asked, and we all now shop elsewhere.

Yeah we all know that Tesco is the scum of the earth :laugh:

As for Subway getting rid of all pork products, it's not happening at all of their thousands of UK stores, only 185 of them, presumably the ones in urban areas where there are large Muslim communities. So the minorities are being served by the minority of Subways stores, so stay calm & carry on :)

Don't get caught up in the Daily Mail negative hype machine.

Last edited:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
They're not pandering to minorities, they're making sensible business decisions to get more customers. I doubt the person responsible for the decision would have made it unless they had done the research that showed their muslim customers would spend more money in those selected branches.

I doubt it. They will lose far more customers than they will gain by doing this. If you please a minority, you will upset a majority.

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
I'm all for live and let live but that should apply to the mainstream as well.

How is providing products to presumably the majority of their local customers "pandering to minorities"? Isn't that "good business sense"?

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
I doubt it. They will lose far more customers than they will gain by doing this. If you please a minority, you will upset a majority.

I look forward to reading about their demise, along with Amazon, Starbucks, McDonalds and any other company that had high profile boycotts but everyone ended up using anyway.

D

Deleted member 30535

You get more customers by offering more choice, not less. Outside of the 185 stores that are removing pork products, are the other stores removing Halal because the majority don't buy it? I doubt it.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I look forward to reading about their demise, along with Amazon, Starbucks, McDonalds and any other company that had high profile boycotts but everyone ended up using anyway.

This isn't the same as a boycott. Subway have stopped offering a particular product.
If a retailer does not offer what you want, you go elsewhere. Simple.

D

Deleted member 30535

If you owned a Subway in Bradford I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't serving ham. How much demand would there be for it so why buy it or serve it? Meanwhile in Surrey there might be a demand.

That would be valid if Halal wasn't served outside these Muslim dominated areas. What do minority non-Muslims do in these areas? I know, suck it up.

As far as the Daily Fail bait comment goes, it was the first link I copied from one of many on Google news. There are other sources reporting the change.

Bill Hicks

Banned
I didn't know there were 185 Subway stores in London.

Factor in Muslim communities in Bradford, Leeds, Birmingham, Southhall, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Whitechapel, Luton, MK, Sunderland, Norwich, Newcastle, Southampton, Cardiff............!!!!!!

Blimey, there's Muslims everywhere!

Only joking :D

D

Deleted member 30535

Never mind the UK being a post-Christian country or not, are we in danger of becoming a pre-Muslim country?

Where's my asbestos suit when I need it!

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
You get more customers by offering more choice, not less. Outside of the 185 stores that are removing pork products, are the other stores removing Halal because the majority don't buy it? I doubt it.

That would be valid if Halal wasn't served outside these Muslim dominated areas. What do minority non-Muslims do in these areas? I know, suck it up.

As far as the Daily Fail bait comment goes, it was the first link I copied from one of many on Google news. There are other sources reporting the change.

Only certain stores serve Halal meat products. 185 of these have also taken pork off the menu.

Out of the 1500 or so Subway branches in the UK and Ireland, 12% have been identified as better serving their local clientele by removing pork products.

D

Deleted member 30535

You can quote stats all you like, it's the principle of the change that I object to. Thin edge of a wider wedge IMO.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
are we in danger of becoming a pre-Muslim country?

Of course we are. All religions want to expand. If the Mormons or Jehovahs had their way, they would take over the country, same as Muslims. That's why they knock on our doors or send missionary's around the world. I have seen first hand experience of it with the Mormons and have spoken to Muslims, it's all about expansion.

qwerty321

Distinguished Member

Agreed about the click bait. Halal Subway stores have been around for years. The Dail Wail makes it out to be as if it is new news.

Epicurus

What's a pre-muslim country? Whether this is old news or not, I disagree with the Halal method of slaughter so won't support that business anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022