1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles with Datecode

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by MrPatate, Jan 26, 2004.

1. MrPatate

MrPatate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm searching for a way to put the Datecode (time and date) of my DV files as subtitles in a dvd. I am editing video in Premiere 6.

I found a software to output the datecode of each of the original avi's frames in a textfile (http://www.skydiver.de/stef/datecode_en.htm). My plan was to output an EDL from premiere and combine it with the outputted datecode of the original files through scripting (probably PHP). I cannot use the original outputted datecode as is for subtitles since the video was edited in premiere and all clips are scrambled in the final montage.

EDL tells that clip x is placed in the timeline from second y to second z, but it doesnt seem to tell what PART of the clip is used, and that's what I need! If I can have that info I can match what Datecode goes with what part of final movie to build a subtitles file...

Any hints on how to output the information I need from Premiere??

Thanks.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0