1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitle settings for DVD playback

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by TheCrow, May 18, 2005.

1. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I am getting a little frustrated with MCE subtitle settings. :thumbsdow

If I select "None" on the DVD settings page I see no subtitles but this also appears to remove forced subtitles too. i.e. when watching an English language DVD where there is a short section of "foreign" language no English subs appear.

If I select "title default" then often (but not always) I see full English subs in the movie until I go into the DVDs menu and select no subs. This then has the desired effect i.e. I only see forced subs for foreign language sections.
    But this means every time I play a DVD I have to go into the DVDs language menu and set subs to none. :thumbsdow

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is there a cure?

Also I cannot find a way to switch subs while the movie is running. On just about every other DVD player you can switch subs on/off or toggle sub language from the remote or by right clicking the mouse. I cannot see how to do this in MCE without going back to the main settings page. This makes my problem even worse.

Can anyone help me :lease:

2. tbensmann

tbensmann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem...

It still amazes me how such a product can lack such a basic function!

Especially when it comes to switching between subs..

If anyone has a solution... I'm all ears!!!