Subsidy pin

jrl

I'm currently waiting (12days so far )for a subsidy pin from TMobile to unlock my iPhone, 4 does anyone know what to do with it , how do you use it? I've watched the U tube vid but it only tells you how to apply for the pin and not what to do with it ?
Thanks
Bob

iNspectorgadJet

With iPhones you don't normally use the subsidy pin. They tell Apple to unlock the phone and next time you sync it will unlock it.

jrl

Thanks, Tmobile aren't very helpful at all , can't get much sense out of them

jrl

jrl said:
Thanks, Tmobile aren't very helpful at all , can't get much sense out of them
Still waiting, why does it take TMobile so long?
23 days now!

iNspectorgadJet

I think you should probably just contact them again...I wouldn't be surprised if they've just ignored your request because they don't do subsidy pins for iPhones. I find that sometimes the online chat people are more useful than the ones on the phone. It usually pops up a live chat box on the left side of the screen when you go into the contact us page. Tell them you've been waiting 23 days to get your phone unlocked and they will probably try to get a quicker response.
Also, have you tried putting a different sim in your phone to see if they did unlock it and just didn't bother telling you? It will probably want you to connect to iTunes or activate if it is unlocked.

jrl

Thanks but I e mailed them on day 20 the reply was the subsidy pin had been applied for on the 1st [july] and it would be sent in 10days, just get the feeling they are making me wait for a month for no reason , o2 unlocked my 3g within 2 days

jrl

Sorry missed the swapping sim part, yes tried it today, sim not authorised or valid message comes up, damn !!

jrl

Day 29, now being told by Tmobile its 28 working days to get the phone unlocked !, do mobile phones only work on weekdays !!!
feel helpless to do anything about it , they took my unlock fee on day 1 ,sent e mail complaint + rang [again] no one seems able to do anything [or wants to]
Bob

ssimeone88

Standard Member
Hi Bob!!
Did you finally get your subsidy pin?? I've asked for it on the 15th of July but still nothing!!! I've also paid the £15 fee!!

jrl

Yes eventually ,had to keep ringing them+ e mailing I think in the end it took about 34days!
I didn't get any notification from T mobile I just kept trying the phone on I tunes ( with a different sim in) and one time I tunes told me the phone was unlocked, I don't think much of T mobile !!!
Bob

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom