Question Subscription tv coming to an end - Humax FVP5000?

IceAx

Afternoon all,

My Tv sub expires next month and is due to double to £90 a month. Looking at what we actually watch i dont need all the channels they offer so im looking to go to a freeview PVR.

After reading reviews it seems the FVP5000 is the one to go for, i have an aerial in palce curretly plugged into tv so i can switch that to the box.

From previous experiences of PVRs they have always seemed to struggle on series link - does anyone have experience of this feature on the above, is it reliable?

Thanks
A

topgazza

Distinguished Member
I've had no issues with that on my YouView box epg at all. things seem to have improved a lot. Its very smooth

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Thats the one.

I used to get hung up about storage but 1TB is plenty rather than 500GB. If you start filling that up then a bit of "housekeeping" is usually called for. I did suffer for it getting very hot and locking up but since placing it on its own I no longer suffer from locking up. Although I did suspect it was due to HDMI conflicts when turning things on and off too quickly, TV, YouView and receiver.

But overall its a good box. Cant comment on UHD as I dont have a UHD TV yet.

Got mine as grade A from CEX with 2 year warranty, to try it out, at £75. But £114 is a good price for a 500GB. But go for the 1TB

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Hard to argue at £119..only £5 more than the 500GB

topgazza

Distinguished Member
You have to be "committed" to watching the FTA channels and a few extras like Quest. Its not Sky but then for many including me I dumped Sky because I didn't want their hundreds of channels of pap.
But yes, depends on what you want to watch. But its if basically FTA only which suits me but not everyone.

CEX are a bit of a lottery I guess due to where they get their stuff from. But my A grade box is spot on as like new when I got it. And that 2 year warranty....

IceAx

Yes im only only got sky as needed a new box and got a good deal.

I cant see anywhere how mnacy channels can be recorded at once, can you please confirm?

Thanks for your help

ANdy

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Twin tuners so I guess two at a time. Which I have done without a problem. Worth checking YouView website to confirm

IceAx

Twin tuners so I guess two at a time. Which I have done without a problem. Worth checking YouView website to confirm
So this arrvied last week, set it up and had a play. Recordings seemed to work well but there was an issue with lip sync being out and no matter how i changed it in settings i couldnt get it right.

Boxed it up and its ready for a return.

On the flip side i bought a Manhattan T3-R - arrived yesterday and impressed so far. Also like being able to have TV controls on the same remote as PVR which the Manhattan let me do.

A

Top Bottom