subscription increase

D

dk_terror

I've only just had sky installed and choose to go with the £34 package for the film & sport channels. They haven't even taken the first payment yet and I get a letter informing me the subscription is going to go up to £38 a month. Can they do this??

It's all part of RM's plan for total world domination - buy up everything, get you hooked and he gotcha!

Had Sky for years though - who remembers the promised Warner Brothers channel promised with a subscription increase, dropping Country music TV (I know not a great loss to most). Promises of state of the art in TV - yes they gave us Sky Digital with soft digital pictures, pro-logic (no DTS and only just AC3 for those lucky enough to have a digital output on their decoder -99% of sky viewers I think. Then we get burn in logos for the intellectually challenged who cannot use programme guide or read it when you change channel. Then they bother you while you're trying to watch with marketing calls.

It generally cheaper than cable even without the phone, and you get discounts on sky talk, so not all negative.

Welcome to the real world dk-terror

I got rid of sports and movies to recoup my independent SKY+ installation costs. I rang SKY yesterday to resubscribe after pressure from the rest of the family:)

I was told that I would have to pay £37 a month, I explained in August I was paying £29.99 and in September £34 and he said that was irrelevant all digital subscribers who bought into SKY D in '98 would have to pay £37 for that package the one price increase per year wasn't an issue.

They lost my custom of course, £34 plus my SKY+ sub was the limit and another £3 a month I could afford but wouldn't pay.

ATTN dk_terror

He did say something about not raising the subscription in the first two months of a contract, might be worth ringing SKY and getting clarification.

Same thing here, I have managed to cancel everything except the Disney channel for the GrandKids.................when they grow out of it THAT goes too. Is the unbundling of BSB ever really going to happen? At last I don't feel alone in the TV world . Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom