Subscription free music downloads

venger5

Standard Member
What are my options, if any, for legal music downloads that don't require a subscription?

Just to be clear, I want to be able to buy a track and download it to my Android phone where I can play said track in my preferred music app of choice - I do not want to pay a monthly subscription, I do not want to stream said track.

Previously Amazon Music has worked perfectly, however, it now appears that if I want to download a track to my phone, I have to subscribe to Amazon Prime for example.

Many thanks for your time.

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Bandcamp is great if you're not after major label stuff. Some stuff is free, some you pay for. Price is down to the label or artist that's put it up. Choice of download quality including FLAC amongst others.

venger5

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies 👍

Just had a look on Bandcamp, see what you mean, lot of artists on there I'm not familiar with, maybe a way to check out new music I guess 🤔

I've got iTunes on my PC and agree, that works fine without a subscription...well it did work fine right up until I had to change my card details last week as my old card had expired. Now when I try and buy a track it asks me to verify my billing info, trouble is, it won't let me verify billing info, nothing happens!!

Apple support, to give them their due, have been very helpful but my PC is old and running Windows 7 Pro so there's only so much they can do with an unsupported OS.

It's so frustrating that Amazon Music have changed the way it operates, I've bought tonnes of stuff through them and never once needed a subscription 🙄

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the replies 👍

Just had a look on Bandcamp, see what you mean, lot of artists on there I'm not familiar with, maybe a way to check out new music I guess 🤔

The trouble, or the great thing with bandcamp, depending which way you look at it, is anyone can open an account and put up their music. So there is a lot on there but not always that great. So I never go randomly searching for new music on bandcamp but if people are talking of a new band and it gets my interest, bandcamp is the first place I look for them. Not for everyone I know but for those less interested in mainstream music, there's a lot of first class stuff on there.

rpr

Bandcamp is a great

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom