Subscription cost: £10 for HD, plus another £10 for Sky+?

simon1

Established Member
Reaction score
Unless you're on a premium package, my understanding was that you paid £10 for HD, plus anthother £10 for Sky+ functionality.

But according to a recent advert, it suggests that the £10 sub for HD will now includes the Sky+ functionality (with nothing extra to pay).

Can anyone clarify?

yeah i went to my local satellite installer TVS...he said that installation was free just had to pay £249 for the hd box....he did say that if you dont take out a premium package it will cost you £10 for sky hd and £10 for sky plus codes so that you can use your hard drive to record on.....as for comet and currys i could only get the half price hd box only if i spend over £169 and that has to be for a tv...:rotfl:

personally i would check with sky as they say on the website and in the new leaflets that sky+ is FREE to HD subscribers, this should mean even if you dont take the premium channels you should still have the functionality, but the stuff changes like the wind, at present it would seem to indicate only the one charge though.
see here.
http://sky.com/hd/what-does-it-cost-existing.htm

I ordered HD Friday from PC world £150 no other purchase required and booked installation confirming with them that my subscription will remain the same £41 i.e £21 for progams £10 multiroom and Hd £10 replacing the £10 for sky+. There is no additional fee for sky+ functionality

I ordered HD Friday from PC world £150 no other purchase required and booked installation confirming with them that my subscription will remain the same £41 i.e £21 for progams £10 multiroom and Hd £10 replacing the £10 for sky+. There is no additional fee for sky+ functionality

Yep that's right there's no additional charge now for Sky+ if you've got HD but can't think too many HD subscribers wouldn't have some premium channels!

Gobbo666
I ordered HD Friday from PC world £150

This a SKY HD box from PC world for £150?

Well i have just got a new Samsung LE46F71B 46" LCD TV!! & would like to take advantage of it's HD:D
I have SKY+ at the moment with the FULL premium package at £42 a month!

SO what's the cheapest way to get SKY HD? & the monthly payments! i would pay a 1 off payment of £150 for the box!! anyone know how there viewing packages work? i would like to drop SKY Sports to try keep my monthly payments as low as possible!! so do you think i could have SKY HD for £42 a month?

Gobbo666

Well i have just got a new Samsung LE46F71B 46" LCD TV!! & would like to take advantage of it's HD:D

SO what's the cheapest way to get SKY HD? & the monthly payments! i would pay a 1 off payment of £150 for the box!! anyone know how there viewing packages work? i would like to drop SKY Sports to try keep my monthly payments as low as possible!! so do you think i could have SKY HD for £42 a month?

I have the family pack @ £21
Multiroom £10
HD with sky+ functions £10
Ordered box through PC World £150(no other purchases needed)
Because of the multi room I will not need to pay the £60 install bill.

I don't think I've seen a cheaper other than reducing the progam package down to the min which I think is 2

according to a recent advert, it suggests that the £10 sub for HD will now includes the Sky+ functionality (with nothing extra to pay).

Can anyone clarify?
That maybe so but when I ordered my Sky HD last week at Currys, I had a long chat with the lady at sky installations and she told me that I would have to pay both HD sub at £10 and Sky+ at £10 because I didn't have a premium channel and she wouldn't accept that the HD sub included Sky+ also even when I told her what it says on the Sky web site!
So in the end I had to take a premium channel (£11) to get Sky+ free. How do you convince the Sky representative that they are wrong, they have the final say.:mad:

That maybe so but when I ordered my Sky HD last week at Currys, I had a long chat with the lady at sky installations and she told me that I would have to pay both HD sub at £10 and Sky+ at £10 because I didn't have a premium channel and she wouldn't accept that the HD sub included Sky+ also even when I told her what it says on the Sky web site!
So in the end I had to take a premium channel (£11) to get Sky+ free. How do you convince the Sky representative that they are wrong, they have the final say.:mad:

When I booked my install I confirmed with the 'Taking the bookings lady' that the HD monthly superceeded the sk+.
Like you I was a non believer I phoned sky 3 times and spoke with 3 different people over 5 days and each of them confirmed HD sub included SK+ and confirmd exactly how much my monthly would be.Unless there is a company wide conspiracy to deliberately Lie to the public I'm inclined to belive them.

In short I have talked to 4 diffrent people who have all given me a consistent story.

Admittedly I have not recieved my first bill yet :)

Gobbo666

cheapest package would be 2 mixes + movies + hd = £44

I've been to comet today and ordered sky HD (as a new customer) he phoned sky and I'm booked in for it fitting on thurs.
I was under the impression(after looking at the sky website) that sky + was free when you subscribed to HD, but was told £10 for HD and £10 for sky+ unless i had 2 premuim channels, I've got the booking form here as well and that IS what it says (in the small print):thumbsdow

What about SkyHD and 2nd box Sky+ box:
2 mixes 15 bucks
SkyHD 10 bucks
Sky+ free
Multiroom 10 bucks

Would I need to pay another tenner for the Sky+ functionality on my 2nd box, as I don't have any premium channels.

P.S.
I'm subscribed to their 4 mix which is £18 plus an extra £10 for HD. £28 in total.
Their cheapest HD is a 2 mix at £15 (plus an extra £10 for the HD). £25 in total.

To be honest Ash I dont think Sky would know , from what I read on here it looks like there either constantly changing the pricing or making it up as they go along.

To be honest Ash I dont think Sky would know , from what I read on here it looks like there either constantly changing the pricing or making it up as they go along.

I tend to agree, with that question you are very likely to get three different responses from three CS reps:)

My initial thought is that with multiroom the SKY+ fee will be waived regardless of how it is provided on the primary subscription.

What about SkyHD and 2nd box Sky+ box:
2 mixes 15 bucks
SkyHD 10 bucks
Sky+ free
Multiroom 10 bucks

Would I need to pay another tenner for the Sky+ functionality on my 2nd box, as I don't have any premium channels.

I've got 2 premium channels and can't record on my 2nd box :mad: I thought Multiroom was meant to replicate your main package but for some reason Sky are being tight about including the Sky+ func - guess they think they can still squeeze money out of that.

I've got 2 premium channels and can't record on my 2nd box :mad: I thought Multiroom was meant to replicate your main package but for some reason Sky are being tight about including the Sky+ func - guess they think they can still squeeze money out of that.
You should be able to record, I'd get in touch with Sky again if I were you. You only require 1 Sky+ subscription per household and if you have multiroom with additional Sky+ boxes the recording facility should be mirrored.

I take it both boxes are SKY+ units the first being a HD box?
If so like neilmcl says you should have the DVR functions on the second SKY+ so get in touch with SKY.

I take it both boxes are SKY+ units the first being a HD box?
If so like neilmcl says you should have the DVR functions on the second SKY+ so get in touch with SKY.

OK looks like you're right, I should have Sky+ functionality in the second room when paying for Multiroom. Looks like the Sky engineer didn't complete the installation in the second room after installing the HD box. Thanks for your advice!

Just latched on to this yesterday. I tried to get my package down to £25 (£15 for 2 mixes, £10 HD and Free HD). I spoke to three different people all maintained that this was not right and was available only to new customers. "Sky+ is only free when you sub to two premium channels". Really hacked off with the service and get the impression that no one has educated the frontline staff about this change.

Any ideas on how to convince them that HD now comes with Sky+ for free?

Just latched on to this yesterday. I tried to get my package down to £25 (£15 for 2 mixes, £10 HD and Free HD). I spoke to three different people all maintained that this was not right and was available only to new customers. "Sky+ is only free when you sub to two premium channels". Really hacked off with the service and get the impression that no one has educated the frontline staff about this change.

Any ideas on how to convince them that HD now comes with Sky+ for free?

Yes phone again until you find some one who knows what they're on about.

The first time I called the guy was telling me it was +£10 on top of HD for sky+ functions but I kept repeating what was infront of me on their website "sky+ functionality is free with HD" until eventualy he admitted he was cinfused and had only being doing the job 2 days.
I phoned back to someone else who agreed.

After reading this thread I phoned Sky to drop the movie channels which I was only getting to get the Sky+ for nothing. When he told me the new subscription is was for a 4 mix + Sky HD + Sky+. I told him it says on Sky's website that Sky+ was now included with Sky HD. He immediately said that I was right and dropped the extra £10. Goes to show that they won't tell existing customers unless pushed.

I ordered HD Friday from PC world £150 no other purchase required and booked installation confirming with them that my subscription will remain the same £41 i.e £21 for progams £10 multiroom and Hd £10 replacing the £10 for sky+.

Where are PC World offering this? They don't even mention Sky on their website.

i just tried sky direct and mentioned i am considering trying the PC world/coment route on the hope they agree to sell me the deal for 150 quid......no such luck tho!

the response was "we have a very good deal at the min" "299 for the box" hmmmmm :spam:

....so its time to visit the local PC world although i aint seen no adverts for this

After reading this thread I phoned Sky to drop the movie channels which I was only getting to get the Sky+ for nothing. When he told me the new subscription is was for a 4 mix + Sky HD + Sky+. I told him it says on Sky's website that Sky+ was now included with Sky HD. He immediately said that I was right and dropped the extra £10. Goes to show that they won't tell existing customers unless pushed.

Sounds like the typical approach. In the end they have halved the cost of my package for three months. After three months I intend to go back and switch to Free sky+ with HD as advertised on their website. Annoys me how they screw their loyal customers. It would be nice if there was a transparent portal where you could pick and choose the package yourself and clearly see the costs without having to go through some muppet on the phone.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom