1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subs £400 or less

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by spider, May 23, 2001.

1. spider

spider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a sub for my cinema system, where although music is played quite alot movies are the main use of the system. I have a kenwood DVF 9010 dvd
    kenwood V7771D amp
    tannoy M3 frts
    tannoy MC centre
    tannoy M1 rs
    I was impressed with the review of the vibe alpha active sub in mays hcc, but being as i have all tannoy speakers would it not be best to get the tannoy mxsub10. Any other subs worth looking at in this price range or is one sub as good as another in this price range. When i tested the speakers at my local av shop the speakers were set up with an B&W £800 sub,i can't afford that so advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Spider.

2. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I replied elsewhere on this board, my shortlist when it comes to subs is:

Velodyne, REL and M&K

These manufacturers specialize in subs and when I come across reviews for these brands, they are always very good. You must just check if there are ranges that will fit your budget. If possible, try to put yourself in a wee bit of debt and buy a good sub rather than skimp and be unhappy. A good sub is very critical in a hometheatre/hi-fi setup.

3. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You might want to take a look at the IPL DIY kit, there's lot's of info about it in this section, try a search on IPL.

4. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'll 2nd,, 3rd and 4th that. You cannot buy better for the price, its impossible.... ;)

5. mark.king

mark.king

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the ipl and agree with the above. In fact I am thinking of buying a second one.

6. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh, i,m after an ipl, i,ve heard there awsome for £280 ;)